Welp

NSFW Sep. 15th, 2021 05:28 pm
percygranger: (Default)
[personal profile] percygranger
Two whole posts in a year? What strangeness, what bliss.

Yeah, I'm bored on the internet and remembered this place exists.

So much for opening up again safely, huh? And so much for Prozac, not long after I wrote about it I'm pretty sure it made my sleep schedule go to hell. So we stopped that and are currently trying Effexor. It seems to be working? Much more subtly than Prozac, for sure. Prozac was nigh-immediate surcease of anxiety, and then sleep issues 4-6 weeks in, which...I almost literally couldn't care about, because it's that strong for me. Effexor has taken time to ramp up, for sure, I'm on the second lowest dose at this point, and have been considering stepping it up one more time. 

Everything was really hunky dory for a minute there, it felt like. I've been dog-sitting, and kept getting recommended to people. Got myself business cards for it. I got hired for that potential job I talked about in my last post, went through training in July, started working proper in August, and things have been going ok so far. Bookkeeping for my church, hooray! It's not the most money but it is money.

But two things have been an issue over the past couple months: I donated blood for the first time in late July. I've never been able to before, due to low iron. Heavy periods, a not particularly high in iron diet, and heck, even when I tried very hard with iron pills and so on, at best I was .5 below their minimum to donate, have all worked against me from doing a thing my parents have done for as long as I've known about it. But, enter having an IUD that knocked my periods down by at least half. Suddenly, I have .7 above the minimum requirement!

Of course, donating blood...reduced that, and then I had a period. So I was genuinely low on iron and fatigued as heck for at least two weeks, maybe longer. I was zoning out in the afternoon, when I got hungry/didn't have protein. I'd feel fine and try to do my scheduled tasks and...miss them. Get distracted or mess up the time. It was very frustrating. I've been going in every couple weeks to try and donate platelets, so I've gotten see in real time my iron go up, which is a novel experience. My previous attempts were forever and always low, and maybe a bit higher, but never so close I could taste victory. Last time I was .1 off!

Also, dog-sitting. To progress with it, to get more clients and money, I need to tell people I'm available, right? But, on top of the fatigue, I Did Not Want to hand out business cards or put myself out there on a website for dog-sitting/house-sitting, so...have not, and things stalled out there. Well, I say that. It's on the to-do list, and is feeling more possible now that I have more energy again.

I still think I should go up another step on Effexor, but, things are looking like they might work out. Me, working enough to support myself? What a thought.

I'd feel bad that in a time when everyone else seems to be dropping out or having a rough spot, I'm doing the best I have in literal years, but that's not how this works. I'm doing good, and I'll try to stay there, and help those around me.

Until next time!





Page generated Aug. 28th, 2026 02:42 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios